cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergLfsPFd8NZ
Constellation

Tab s 8.4 software update problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wana update my device in to 6.0.1 but how can i...?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tab s 8.4 software update problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly if the update is not available through the regular software update section of the settings then it is likely that an update is not available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly if the update is not available through the regular software update section of the settings then it is likely that an update is not available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

usergLfsPFd8NZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

can I get an official ROM 6.0.1 or nearly supported ROM for my device, please..... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to speculate on when an update may come available.  

Highlighted
userUrk2JO2HOE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, the problem here is that AT&T has locked down the tablet operating system and security updates unless you pay for their carrier  service. The software does exist. The best  solution  I have found so far is to cringingly pay the one month extortion cost to the service carrier to update your tablet and resolve to NEVER buy from AT&T again. 

In short, the solution is to buy an AT&T prepaid tablet sim, activate your service  for one month, update the tablet once your device's IMEI number is in the AT&T system, and finally cancel the plan.