Original topic:

Tab s2. T-813. NOT CHARGING

(Topic created on: 2/6/21 9:00 AM)
userE7d7nZWvVv
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

A familiar problem to thousands.

My tab s2 is regularly crashing. It was a life saver during my furlough and is still used a lot each day. Had it since 2017 and have had the battery replaced once by Samsung. Out of warranty for that repair. 

Have tried all the solutions and nothing works. 

I am involved in a team game and often let my team down because I have no power and cannot get it to charge.

I miraculously get it to charge to 100%. It then runs down and will sometimes let me charge it. The power continues to run down if I connect it to the charger. Other times it will not charge at all. The power indicator comes on but does not charge.

This time it has been about 30 hours and it suddenly starts to slowly charge. I have tried all the usual solutions and have bought a number of original Samsung chargers. They are always plugged into mains sockets. I am getting fed up with Samsung. I hate apple products and have also had a couple of Samsung phones. 

I dont want to buy a new tablet just now and if forced to I will have to think long and hard about spending a lot of money on premium Samsung products. 

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel?

0 Likes
3 Replies
MalteMicha
Halo
Options
Tablets
Sounds like the battery is dying and needs to be replaced. also check loos charging port to see if that's issue.
0 Likes
Garawa
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My son's is doing the same. I put a new battery in over Christmas and it holds its charge a little better but still charges the same. If it drops below 50% it can be very hit or miss when it charges. It can take over 12 hours to get it to 50% then it charges fairly quickly. Sometimes, it can take a day to get it to 100% from 80% or more. This is the same if I use the original cable or ones from other Samsung tablets and if we use the mains plug or a USB charger. The tablet used to belong to my older son. It was wiped and now has totally different apps (well, just a few games) and has a new battery but the charging issue is still the same.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Have you tried a new, compatible charger?  The original Samsung charger may be on it's last legs and cheapo aftermarket ones don't always do the job.

Also, have you tried a Factory Reset.  I know you probably don't want to do that but with an old tablet with lots of apps, some you probably haven't used in years, a clean start might be the first step.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)