Original topic:

Tab s5e - android 11- impossible to change language on bluetooth keyboard

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 12:52 PM)
Mike47
Constellation
Options
Tablets

So, before a long travel i double checked my setup.

And found out after the 11 update its impossible to get my bluetooth keyboard to change layout to Norwegian. It is stuck on English.

Ive changed android display language to Norwegian. Set default input to samsung keyboard with only norwegian.

Gone into physical keyboard and set that to norwegian. 

on all android 10 devices, i just go to physical keyboard-then tap the name of keyboard and select layout and done.

it is impossible to change it to norwegian, any help?x.jpgxx.jpg

2 Replies
useroFuORQN2mJ
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Near exact same issue here on my Tab S7 with USB physical keyboard. I can't type Polish letters, so I tried switching basically every single language-related setting on my device to Polish, and yet when I press "Alt Gr + s" or "Alt Gr + c" all I get is "ß" and "ç" respectively instead of "ś" and "ć" (the Polish letters in question). It used to work on my Tab S4, so yeah, most likely it was broken in Android 11.

I'm imagining that the issue is far more profound for Greek users as nearly all of their letters are different, yet all you can type are the ones from the US International Layout (I also use Greek keyboard for math symbols, or used to use).

0 Likes
Mike47
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My solution was

You should go to Accessibility- Installed Services.
Shout down everything, except Your phone companion.

0 Likes