1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

If your fingerprint still isn't being recognized, you can try removing and then registering your fingerprint again. Navigate to Settings, tap Biometrics and security, and then tap Fingerprints. Select one of the stored fingerprints you'd like to delete. Tap Remove, and then tap Remove again to confirm.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
FLAZ83
Pilot
Options
Tablets
My fingerprint scanner hardly ever reads now. I wonder why..
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

If your fingerprint still isn't being recognized, you can try removing and then registering your fingerprint again. Navigate to Settings, tap Biometrics and security, and then tap Fingerprints. Select one of the stored fingerprints you'd like to delete. Tap Remove, and then tap Remove again to confirm.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
FLAZ83
Pilot
Options
Tablets
well I have done that more than 20 times. I've cleaned my finger as well as the button. I never drop the phone. I have also cleared my cache partition. It doesn't work. I don't want to Factory reset. Clearing the Cache Partition commonly does the same thing.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Can you check to see if it does it in safe mode? ( If your tablet have that feature) and factory reset it. If that doesn't work the device will need service. Here are some service options:

If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have the service set up. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
userIJ54fuEHbq
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have same problem mine count percentage 12% 18% ....30% "Make sure your finger covers the entire sensor" The can not register your fingerprint. --- thats it. the S6 tablet is not ready for prime time
0 Likes