JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tablet S7+ lost pattern

(Topic created: 08-07-2021 04:05 PM)
userBi3NlnUBoh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have lost the pattern to my tablet. I didn't have remote unlock enabled and I cannot get the factory reset option to work. The tablet will restart but not turn off unless I drain the battery. I have tried the suggestion of pressing the volume up button and the power button together and holding them until the factory reset option appears but it never appears.

Is there some other key combination needed to get the Tablet S7+ to boot into recovery mode so I can do a factory reset?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userBi3NlnUBoh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Ok for this to work I had to first get the device to power off. I drained the battery because the power off required my pin. Once the battery was drained I plugged it in for 10 min to put some juice in it. Then I connected the tablet to a computer using my USB cable. At this point I pressed the power on and volume up buttons at the same time. As soon as the First Samsung screen came on I let go of both buttons. This caused the tablet to enter recovery mode. From there I did a full factory reset. I hope this helps someone else.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
userBi3NlnUBoh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I fully discharged the battery and then the tablet turned off. After charging for 15 minutes I pressed the on button and the volume down button. The tablet just kept cycling through the first screen that shows SAMSUNG in the middle and Android on the bottom.

When I tried using the power on button and the volume up the tablet just powered on like normal.
0 Likes
Solution
userBi3NlnUBoh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Ok for this to work I had to first get the device to power off. I drained the battery because the power off required my pin. Once the battery was drained I plugged it in for 10 min to put some juice in it. Then I connected the tablet to a computer using my USB cable. At this point I pressed the power on and volume up buttons at the same time. As soon as the First Samsung screen came on I let go of both buttons. This caused the tablet to enter recovery mode. From there I did a full factory reset. I hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Thank you for sharing!  We are so glad that you're up and running!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes