JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tablet showing up as "Generic Android Device" when signing into Amazon

(Topic created: 07-10-2021 03:15 PM)
usernBE0TgVomS
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Question.. hopefully it's basic like my last 😉.  My Samsung Tab s6 (not lite), 8gb ram and 256 hd, is new. I've had it for about a month. Yesterday I signed into my Amazon account on the said tablet. For security reasons Amazon pushed a notification to my phone in order to allow the sign in. Here is the basis of my question, on my phone the Amazon app says what the device is trying to sign in. In this case it said, a 'Generic Android Device 11.0' (there might have been more numbers in the version but those 3 I just supplied are the beginning for sure) is trying to sign into your account and asked if I allow or deny it. 

Why would my phone think my tablet is a 'Generic Android Device? Should I be worried that it might be counterfeit? Thanks, I hope this question is silly and not serious. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No, this is completely normal for it to register as a generic device. Generally it'll put the name of the major flagship phones but not with cheaper models or tablets. It is strange and definitely makes keeping track of what devices you have logged in more complicated, but it's due to Amazon not having enough data to generate proper names for the devices

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No, this is completely normal for it to register as a generic device. Generally it'll put the name of the major flagship phones but not with cheaper models or tablets. It is strange and definitely makes keeping track of what devices you have logged in more complicated, but it's due to Amazon not having enough data to generate proper names for the devices
usernBE0TgVomS
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you. That answer actually makes me feel very relieved and silly at the same time. Thank you for taking your time to answer a layman's question. The last question I posted and received an answer to keep giving me an error message when I tried to submit a post of gratitude. I hope this reply posts. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

UrCarloss
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it said the same thing. I found this post out of the same curiosity. I am going to go on samsung.com and using the serial number on my phone to verify its authenticity... i hope this helps
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Of course, glad to be of help regardless of the question. It's what I do everyday, so I'm used to weird questions lol.
userhm9bLsF1AI
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same has nothing to do with if it's A flagship phone or not
0 Likes