JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Time frame for ANT+ on Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 03:00 PM)
gvaeth
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Both models are FCC Certified for ANT+, but ANT+ is apparently not supported yet.  What is the schedule for firmware upgrade to enable ANT+?

4 Replies
violentleader
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Anyone ever hear from Samsung? Was thinking of buying an Tab S7. But maybe I'll buy a Tab S6 instead??? 

0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Tablets

Samsung is unable to speculate on the release of any updates or features, I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Why wouldnt Samsung provide ANT+ support for the S7+?  Please speculate!

0 Likes
userPrjeG1ommd
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The current version Samsung Galaxy S7 FE WIFI 64GB has no build in hardware to support ant+ unfortunately. My old Galaxy S2 works find without anything. Newer models should be always downwards compatible otherwise poeple get angry about the new tablet which can less than the old one. 
Following workaround works for most cycling devices on the market.
Install "ant tester" and "ant plugin service".

Buy following components:
- ANT+ Dongle Adapter USB Receiver which supports most cycling software around 18 sFr. (amazon.de)
- Rock - OTG USB to USB-C Adapter  18sFr. (apfelkiste.ch)
Connect those 2 items into your USB-C. Don't forget to power off/on. The cycling software might not recognize new hardware.

0 Likes