cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Trouble transferring apps to sd card.

I have tablet my daughter has been using, model SM-T113.  We are able to transfer a number of apps to the sd card.  Just got a newer tablet, model SM-T290, and can't seem to figure out how to transfer the same apps to an sd card on the new tablet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Trouble transferring apps to sd card.

The instructions are pretty much the same, though not all apps are able to transfer to the SD card. Some of the same apps that are able to transfer will vary depending on the android version.

I would ensure that the SD card is set up and accepted by the tablet as a storage device.

If everything is set up correctly and you're still having issues, I would recommend reaching out to Samsung Community in Canada: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

The sd card is formatted and recognized, and I have checked 30+ apps that were able to be transferred to the sd card on the old tablet.

Any reason I should follow up with the Samsung community in Canada?  I am in the U.S.

*edit* added a few pics.  The first is the old tablet (please don't judge the screen smudges, lol.  With a new tablet, my 3 year old got the old tablet.) The rest are examples of the same app, and the lack of options to move to sd card.

20200730_233906.jpg

20200730_234226.jpg

20200730_234236.jpg

20200730_234244.jpg

20200730_233554.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies, the search algorithm showed it as a Canadian model.

Unfortunately, this feature may not be available for all apps and more recent apps have removed it unless necessary. Have you tried checking your media apps to see if the option is available?

Is the software on the device up to date? Is the SD Card formatted to FAT32 or exFAT?

Highlighted
Constellation

The sd card is formatted to whatever format the tablet defaults to.  I have updated all the software through both google play for the apps, and the system settings for updateds to the tablet.  And I am attempting to transfer apps that are the same version.  Any more suggestions?

Samsung Care Ambassador

The 8" Tab A seems to be unable to move apps to SD card.  I don't know if that is a feature or a bug but we have not been able to help anyone with that tablet successfully move any apps to sdcard.  Many users have reported this so Samsung is aware of it.