JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to delete messages on tablet

(Topic created: 10-14-2022 06:33 AM)
Options
Tablets

Hi everyone

My Samsung phone and tablet are paired......if I send message on my phone it shows up on my tablet..that's fine, but if I delete that message from my phone..it does not delete from the tablet...and then if I try to delete it on the tab it tells me can't delete..try again later, which never works🤪....in order to get rid of them I have to unpair and pair again!!..then they disappear.
Why is this happening??
Thanks for any help🙂
3 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The part about it not deleting sounds like a bug so you should submit a bug report.  The fact that the message does not get deleted from all devices is normal in my experience.  I've used multiple branded phones with different messaging apps and none of them has ever deleted across devices.  The reason for that is that unlike say a mail server, there is no interactive central server storing all your texts so there is no central location to go back to and delete the text... at least not with standard sms/MMS.  The carrier's do have a record of all your texts which is how law enforcement can go back with a warrant to check your texts but it is not interactive with your phone. 

To submit an error report, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Tablets
Thank you for info.. it does delete on the phone.. just not the tab, but I see what you're saying now... Thanks again👏
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You're welcome.  I was suggesting the error report because you have to Unpair to delete the message on the tablet after it has been deleted on the phone. 

It seems that it is happening because the Tab is trying to also delete the text on the phone, which may be a work around for you to delete the text from the tablet first although that might not be convenient. 

If you submit the report, make sure you're clear as to what you think is broken and would like fixed.  I would agree that if the text can't be deleted on the phone because it can't be found, then the Tab should just delete it on the Tab. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor