Unable to update firmware

Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to update firmware

I have a Samsung Table s2, and I keep getting an error message saying it failed and to contact the Samsung center. What can I do to get the update to go through, I keep sending my report but that doesn't help.

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to update firmware

At what point in the update process to you receive this error? Have you attempted a factory reset since this first happened?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I'm having the same problem.  The device restarts, looks like it's beginning the update.  Then the updater crashes.

I have factory reset the device.

Samsung Moderator

Does it say Odin Mode in the top left corner? 

Constellation

No, there is no reference to Odin.  

I have not rooted the device.  It's the standard of as best as I can tell

Samsung Moderator

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode and try to update from there? If neither of those work, I do recommend a software re-flash from any local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience center.

Constellation

I booted into safe mode.  The system still crashed during the update.

Out of curiosity, why would it matter if we initiated the upgrade from safe mode?

Safe mode or not, the update system still reboots the tablet into an update os.

Samsung Moderator

In case there is any 3rd party application hindering the update from starting the necessarily processes.

Samsung Moderator

If this issue does still happen while in safe mode, then a factory reset would be recommended. You can also try a software re-flash at your local Best Buy's Samsung experience shop kiosk. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

So factory reset didn't help, if I go to best buy will they charge me for a software re-flash?