JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unmount sd card instructions for s6 lite tablet are wrong, help!

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 02:29 PM)
userPR4Fg3XH01
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I've been searching for a long time and have not been able to find a way to unmount my SD card, other than just physically removing it.
All the directions say to go to Battery and Device Care and touch "Storage", but there is no "Storage" icon or text to be found in Battery and Device Care.
I'm pretty sure I've touched every spot that would take me somewhere to find it, like the 3 dots at the upper right, etc.
And yet there must be a way, because once I removed it and I got a message warning me to unmount.
Please help. I don't want to lose any data due to improper removal of the SD card.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userPR4Fg3XH01
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks for your reply. You got me started off on the right foot, but there are not 3 dots in the upper right after migrating to My Files. However, after a moment of thought, I clicked on the sd card selection and there is where the 3 dots are that contain the unmount function. So, the path is... My Files- sd card - tap the 3 dots - and there's the unmount option. Details, details, details! The truth is always hiding in the details! So, Thanks again for your reply! Happy holidays to you and yours!

View solution in context

4 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Open My Files, 3 Dot Menu in the upper right->Unmount

Screenshot_20221124_180756_My Files.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Solution
userPR4Fg3XH01
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks for your reply. You got me started off on the right foot, but there are not 3 dots in the upper right after migrating to My Files. However, after a moment of thought, I clicked on the sd card selection and there is where the 3 dots are that contain the unmount function. So, the path is... My Files- sd card - tap the 3 dots - and there's the unmount option. Details, details, details! The truth is always hiding in the details! So, Thanks again for your reply! Happy holidays to you and yours!
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Glad you found it. Yea, I guess that while I showed it on the screen capture, I neglected to write that step in the instructions. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userPR4Fg3XH01
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
All's good! Thanks
0 Likes