JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update T500XXU2ATK3 on Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (2020) SM-T500 breaks touch screen inputs intermittently

(Topic created: 01-23-2021 07:28 AM)
RobP3
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The latest update T500XXU2ATK3 (EUX) on the Tab A7 SM-T500 renders the tablet unusable since it makes the touch screen stop recognizing inputs intermittenty for a few seconds every time.

This issue appears after updating via OTA from T500XXU2ATJ6 (a 300mb update), doesn't get fixed after a factory reset, but also happens on a brand new install of the whole T500XXU2ATK3 firmware right from the first screen after boot where I have to choose a language.

After reinstalling T500XXU2ATJ6 the tablet works perfectly, so it's not a hardware issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
nology
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

How did you reinstall T500XXU2ATJ6?

I want to go back to an older firmware as well. I'm having black screen issues while watching full screen video. @RobP3 

0 Likes
RobP3
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've sent you a message since I'm not sure if you can talk about certain tools in here. (even if you're not altering the OS at all)

nology
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for your post and pm! 

My tablet is back to normal now after downgrading to T500XXU2ATJ6. I can watch fullscreen video and play games without the screen flickering to black! 

0 Likes