Upgrade Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320)

Samsung Moderator

Re: Upgrade Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320)

A secure token is basically like a network proxy. It's an identification number of sorts that is designed to help secure your information. It can be card numbers, or passwords, or really any piece of information a website or app decides to encrypt with Tokenization. (Sorry saw that question and wanted to give you an answer to it as well lol)

Can I ask if you have already reached out to DirectTV to see if they can redistribute a secured token for your sign-in? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Yes, Directv has been trying to resolve this issue for a week. They have actually been very accommodating to try to help me. They have changed my password twice and have given me 2 temporary passwords. None of them work.

As far as the Secure Token goes--they don't know what that is, which is why I think  they tried changing my password.

Thank you for your quick response to my request. I appreciate your time. I'd really like to figure this out. I'll read your description of Secure Password to them and maybe they'll understand.

Constellation

I had this same issue on my SM-T320 (running 4.4.1)

This is a DirecTV problem not a samsung problem. Their app has an issue with Android 4.4

Samsung's problem is forcing us to upgrade our device when the hardware we have can certainly run Android 5.

That's why I'm not buying Samsung devices anymore.

Astronaut

Same issue here but now I get "Unsupported SDK". DTV wants it fixed but Samsung doesn't seem to care about its customers.

Astronaut

Try xda forums or lineage os forums for your device

Astronaut

Mine's gonna be with me for years to come. Nothing out there that is a "must buy" over this one IMO.

Astronaut

Tab Pro 8.4 is one of the best tablets ever made. Ive had it for over 4 yrs and 6 months and it still operates great! Now with the exception of apps not working due to kitkat 4.4.2.

Best thing to do is to upgrade to a newer software. Why is it so hard for Samsung to upgrade for us?

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I have had the Tab Pro 8.4 for nearly 5 years now and been stuck on Android 4.4.2 for a while. Samsung will never make any further upgrades for this tablet now.

I agree that this tablet is a gem, it still works as good as the day i bought it, still super fast, i have no desire to go out and buy a newer tablet, and i bought it brand new for a little less than €300 around the time it was released. Compare that price to today's S4 which is around the €600 mark!

Would be good to be able to upgrade to newer versions of Android, the spec of this tablet would surely run much later versions, but it is clearly Samsung's policy not to support it, all they want is for people to buy a newer device. Sad but true.

It seems they stop supporting all devices after just 2 years, trying to force people's hand to upgrade to newer devices. That is quite terrible when you think about it, but very little can be done to stop this greedy behavior. Reality is, very few people take notice and they can get away with what they want, it is common practice today to change hardware devices every 2 to 3 years which is exactly what Samsung are aiming for.

Astronaut

Tenho o meu T320 há um bom tempo, não consigo mais acessar os App para ler livros é um absurdo não ter atualização para um tablet tão bom, melhor do que muitos que estão no mercado como o TAB E, por exemplo.
Astronaut

I have the same tablet Samsung where the heck is the ungrade. This is NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS!