Original topic:

Using 7S+ bookcover keyboard with 7S

(Topic created: 01-28-2022 12:04 AM)
user2c2K60tmbR
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Samsung Tab s7 and s7+ keyboard thinking a bigger keyboard and additional function keys would work better for my personal use. Although they are magnetically connected and the typing experience feels awesome, the function keys aren't working.

I assumed the function keys would work on both tablets since I've used function keys on other third-party Bluetooth keyboards with my tablet and they functioned just fine.

Is there a way to either customize the function key on Samsung Tablet S7 and S7+? Or does the S7+ keyboard just don't work with S7? Please fix this problem!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon, I will be happy to assist you today. The Tab S7 and S7+ do use different keyboards. As far as I am aware, the function keys work fine with the correct keyboard.

0 Likes
user2c2K60tmbR
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi there,

Do you mind explaining what "correct keyboard" means? I purchased both products from Samsung's website, and the only difference between them is the size and model. Also, if the function keys on a third-party work on my Tab S7 (which it did), then why can't the function keys on the S7+ Bookcover work as well?

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

The keyboard covers for the Tab S7 and the Tab S7+ connect mechanically via the docking port on the side of the tablet. Since the keyboard matrices send information specific to the model being used, the Tab S7 will not correctly decode the information being sent by the S7+ keyboard. The third-party keyboard, whether it's a Bluetooth or cable-connected keyboard, routes the information through a different data route, and the data is correctly interpreted to the tab's command registers.

0 Likes