cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nina1320
Asteroid

Volume on my Samsung tablet keeps going up and down on its own...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.

After some time trying to find a solution on my own on the internet, I decided to open a new topic about this. I know this problem has been discussed before, but it concerned mainly Samsung smartphones. The problem I came across is related to a tablet computer. 

So here is the description of my problem: 

I bought Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet around 2 years ago, december 2015. Since then I have never had any problems, bugs or issues with anything at all. I didn't even get any glithches or lags. BUT... Today something happened.

When my earphones are plugged in and I want to listen to music or watch a video, volume keeps going all the way up or down and also some task menu (the one that suggests using google or S Voice) pops up. Because of that I can't seem to watch video as it keeps pausing. 

I tried changing earphones and using even a bluetooth headphone, but no matter what I do, problem is still there. (Though I have no proboem when I don't use anything and watch a video without headphones). I tried uninstalling apps that I installed or updated lately (yesterday, before the problem occured) and still no result. 

This is my first time to ever come across the problem with my tablet ever since I bought it... 

Does anyone know what else I can do? Or is this problem unsolvable and I have to buy a new tablet? 

I would appreciate your help. 

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Volume on my Samsung tablet keeps going up and down on its own...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried loading the tablet into safe mode? -->http://bit.ly/2j9kHaQ   Also, do you recall downloading any new apps or anything about the time this started happening?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried loading the tablet into safe mode? -->http://bit.ly/2j9kHaQ   Also, do you recall downloading any new apps or anything about the time this started happening?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Nina1320
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The only thing I did before this happened, was updating facebook app. I decided this was a problem, so I uninstalled an app and installed it again. Problem didn't go away. I also tried downgrading app (to the version it was before I updated it). Still no changes. It's been quite some tike since the problem started and it's still there.
Problem doesn't exist in safe mode though... But if facebook is a problem shouldn't uninstalling an app gotten rid of the problem? I have no idea.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting the tablet by any chance?

userXdVqXxUDDV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem on two of my son's tablets (Tab S 10.5).

I ended up debugging the tablet and found the problem to be a rogue application. In this case it was Farming Simulator 18. Despite it being not run in the foreground, it was doing something in the background that was changing the audio focus.

I have written it up in my blog.

You may find it is a different application though. But good luck! Your tablet is not broken, as safe mode should confirm. It is just somebody's badly written application.