Original topic:

Warranty on warranty work ?

(Topic created: 06-25-2021 06:57 PM)
ktony20
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi, I sent my Tab S5e in for repair and they had to replace the board. Could not decipher exactly which board but do know that the display had to be removed to repair it. Now my display is coming out of the tablet. It's not falling out yet it is just loose. It pops up and down in different  places around the edge when dragging a finger over it. It can be felt and heard. There are a couple of places where you can see, I guess oily deposits from handling, under the glass. I did not have an issue with it before warranty work was done. It seems obvious that it was not put back together correctly. I've owned the tablet more than a year but it has been less than a year since they did the work. Will it be fixed and what is best way to get process started ?   

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, so that I may look into this please send me a private message with your full model number and serial number and any previous ticket numbers you may have, Also please send a picture of the screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
tek3195
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
serial# *****
model Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720)
previous ticket number# *****

Pictures were best I could get with another tablet camera. I assure you that the glass surface is perfectly smooth and flat. The pic with red and yellow markings, all of the visible imperfections are below the glass. Like I had said before, it is not falling out yet but you can see where there is air where there should be glue. The up/down movement that can be felt and heard is above the micro sd card slot, which is the pic along the side of tablet display. I believe it was returned to me in AUG/2020 and now in JUNE/2021 it is this way and it stays in a heavy Bobjgear silicone case. I try to take care of all of my stuff, and take pride in my possessions. This tablet has really been a disappointment for lack of a better word. I can't afford to upgrade to S6 or S7 and will never be able to look down at this one and think "I'm glad I bought that". I saved money for a year out of my Social Security checks to buy this and will always have some degree of regret. A bad display kills the value of the tablet. So, if you can get this taken care of for me I would really appreciate it. Thank You

T. Kirkland

Not familiar with layout here but couldn't send PM , don't know if browser issue or what. 1624837834019.jpgIMG_20210627_193250.jpgIMG_20210627_193324.jpg
0 Likes
tek3195
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

@SamsungCalebcan you send me a PM with request so I can try to respond to it ? When I try sending one to you it hangs and doesn't send. I clicked on your name and brought up your page and selected send message but there is part of the message dialog box that I can't view in firefox on windows 10.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Hello! You can send it to me if you would like http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes