Original topic:

When will the Android 12 update on my Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020) come?

(Topic created: 12-18-2022 04:02 PM)
DHJ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

There are some devices that are getting the One UI 5 update right now, but when will my Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020) get the One UI 4 update? 2022 is already coming to an end and my tablet shows no signs of updating. When will you keep your promise of 3 major updates? I feel very disappointed with Samsung.

4 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Your tablet is slated for biannual security updates and will probably not see android 12.
DHJ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

In the case of Galaxy Tab A7, the biannual update seems to have nothing to do with major updates.

0 Likes
Rauf321X
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Sadly, your device is really old in support terms for its model. Budget models, whether phones or tablets, will notice extreme update delays after 1 year or so.

I checked your specific model, and they've slashed biannual security updates for your device, and you might not see future releases, and it'll be a miracle if your device sees a couple more updates in its version and security updates.

You can always check in the future for changes in the update schedule, though most devices in your particular situation won't see anything new, especially Samsung ones.
Bimmerland
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Call and text on other devices not working on android 13
0 Likes