Original topic:

Which Tablets Have 64 bit Android OS Installed?

(Topic created: 03-18-2021 08:10 PM)
userD7dT40uRUh
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Is there a list somewhere that indicates  if the installed Android OS for a particular tablet is 32 or 64 bit? 

I want to run an app  that requires a 64 bit OS.    At the moment I am looking at the SM-T290NZSAXAR and the SM-T510NZKAXAR, but all I can find is that in both cases Android 9 is installed with no reference as to whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.   I would like to know for these two models for sure, but a list would allow me to consider all possible tablets.  Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
userD7dT40uRUh
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Are the moderators with names that begin with Samsung, employees of Samsung?  

The reason I ask is that four of them (Al, Caleb, Tam, & Que) have answered questions since I posted my question and I still do not have an answer.   Perhaps it is because it scrolled to the second page and was missed. Hopefully this will bump it to the first page again.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

The Android OS version is determined by which processor is installed in the device. Both listed models have 64 bit processors, sot the OS will be 64 bit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Patrick74
Constellation
Options
Tablets

That is NOT true. I have a galaxy tab A 2019 wich has a 64 bits CPU but unfortunately runs a 32 bits Android OS version.

userD7dT40uRUh
Constellation
Options
Tablets

@Patrick74   There was a very good reason why I did not check “SamsungLou’s response as a solution, and that is because based on other responses in other forums, I simply did not believe he was correct.  It appears you and userQJBAaYBv8Q have added two more data points to confirm that.

On my SM-T290 under “About tablet/Software Information” it lists Android Version, Kernel Version, Build Number, SE for Android Status, Service provider SW ver., Security software version, and Android security patch level.  You would think with all that information you would be able to tell if the OS is 64 or 32 bit, but you cannot.  

I read somewhere that if the kernel had a 64 in the version number it was 64 bit, otherwise it was 32 bit.   That is not true either.  There is no 64 in the kernel version number as displayed on my tablet and is it running a 64 bit app.  In addition, I downloaded an additional app called “64-Bit Checker” from AKP Pure and it also confirms that the OS is 64 bit. 

I am at a complete loss as to why Samsung goes to such trouble to keep people from knowing if the OS on their tablets is 32 bit or 64 bit.   Apparently there is no published information available before you purchase, and you cannot even determine what it is after you have made your purchase without an app.   Even when you ask in this forum about the OS of a particular tablet, a Samsung response is apt  to pass out wrong information if they simply state a 64 bit CPU equals a 64 bit OS.  In my case I happened to get lucky.  Why the big mystery  Why isn't 32 or 64 bit listed in the tablet description or specifications for each model tablet – particularly when it is so important when buying a tablet for running a particular application?  Why, why, why?

@ userQJBAaYBv8Q.    Too bad you learned the hard way that SamsungLou's statement that all Samsung tablets with a 64 bit CPU have a 64 bit OS is not correct.  I hope you were able to obtain a return with full refund for your inappropriate tablet.

I suspect you are looking for a larger tablet, but I can confirm that the 8” SM-T290 with Android 10 dated Sept 22, 2020 is 64 bit.   At least it was in my case. 

0 Likes
userQJBAaYBv8Q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Unfortunally I bought the T510 because of the 64 bits processor but it has a 32 bits OS, is useless for me, so I want to buy a tablet with 64 bits, any idea?

Do you know/have any tablet (besides the tab s7) that runs 64 bits apps?

0 Likes