Original topic:

Why is my Galaxy A8 internal storage nearly full?

(Topic created: 09-03-2022 12:20 PM)
userQvv7fZHiuO
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I have had my A8 for about 3 months. It has 32GB internal storage and an 64GB SD card. Got a notification today that my internal storage is nearly full. Below is the storage page in Settings. Note that 21GB is "Other". **bleep** is Other and how do I reduce/get rid of it?

9 Replies
Y0MamaHouse
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I'm having the same issue with my a12 the day I activated it it was almost full. I don't get it.

0 Likes
Bslate09
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Android devices and especially Android devices from Samsung are notorious for loading the phone down with tons of junk. The best thing to do is to disable or uninstall all the apps you don't or won't ever use.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You need to click the circle beside apps a list of toggles will appear toggle on My Files that will displayyour app storage data because right now your apps are being grouped together with "other"

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
userQvv7fZHiuO
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thx for responding Gary . I followed your instructions to My Files but could not find the app storage data. Do I need that data?? Also, how to I not group my apps in "other"?

0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Tablets

Clear cache partition after removing cache data from offending apps. Clear your browser temporary internet files and saved cached images.

0 Likes
Fatenyl
Halo
Options
Tablets
That's kinda what you get for buying a budget tablet. The SD card is really only good for storing pictures and videos
0 Likes
HollowKing
Halo
Options
Tablets
"The most prominent reason for your storage space filling up under the ‘Other’ tag has been identified to be Private app data. This could be additionally downloaded files, failed OTA updates, cloud sync files and much more."
https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-f
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

"Other" is substantially for app usage so you've about reached the limit of the apps you can install. 

Uninstalling all the apps that you don't use will free up some space. 

Performing a Factory Reset and then only installing the apps you use will free up a lot of space and return your tab to like new performance. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
BarrytheCrab
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Actually if you go to SETTINGS>APPS>STORAGE and go thru each app you will find some can have their data moved to your SD card. This is a new discovery for me and I freed up several GB on my internal storage.

0 Likes