Original topic:

Why no update on the Galaxy tab 9+

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 08:33 PM)
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Since the Novrmber 2023 update, no more update on the Galaxy tab 9. If the update is actually quarterly, there would've been an update in February. Samsung is busy bringing new device in the market that they can keep up with the update. My tablet is unlocked. Please send us update.
8 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Sorry to say but Tablets get quarterly security updates as apposed to the monthly updates phones receive the Tab S8 just got it's update so I expect the S9 will receive one shortly

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
The last update was November 2023. The next update should've been February 2024. Today is March. So it's no longer quarterly.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Tablets
It's frustrating with Tablets. I have a Tab S9+ and also waiting for the update. Really no reason that they should only be quarterly updates. Especially if you have the cellular versions.

As for "quarterly," I am not sure that literally means every 4 months so much as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter of the year. So between January and March is likely when we would get the 2024 first quarterly update.
0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I think had an update on February 14, 2024 for their galaxy tab 9. Quarterly means every 3 months. March is month 4.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
All that I know is that they are quarterly and it should be released soon but can't speculate on when it will be released

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you
0 Likes
zibiksior
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Today I finally received first update since November. It is One UI 6.1 with AI features.

That's what I suspected. They probably waited until 6.1 to release new firmware for the Tab. Thats sad. Update cycle for this device is very dissapointing... Fortunately they fixed the bugs that was bothering me on the 6.0. Finally...

Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I did, too. Maybe it will take One UI 6.2 to get another update
0 Likes