JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

YouTube Media Controls will not disappear, Galaxy TabA 2019

(Topic created on: 11/14/19 2:25 PM)
Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The media control buttons in the YouTube application never disappear on their own for me. They are there in both vertical and horizontal orientation. In fujll screen and in fill mode they are still there. They only do away if I go to full screen mode, select the info button, then close the info panel. But they reappear if I do anything else.

Is there anyway to make them disappear on their own? On any other phone they go away after a few seconds of play.

using the last YouTube app from 19/ 11/04, no other update available.

10 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I just updated the app on my Tab S4 and it works fine.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

tried to reinstall all yuotube updates, stopped app and deactivated, complete uninstall is not possible, reboot tab, open youtube app as delivered, no result, same issue, updated to latest version 19/11/8 .. still the same.. deactivation of controls only with the x in the lower right. it's not very  comfortable,  because every action will. bring  controls back. 

no other update available  for SM T515 Galaxy Tab A.. is there another yt app supporting Google accounts?

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Hey @Rethra, was this tab purchased in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Screenshot_20191114-200802_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191114-200844_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

German version tmobile branded

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Samsung limited support for Europe?  shall buy Xiaomi in future...

0 Likes
Solution
BicycleRay
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have seen this before. Check Accessibility settings in your settings of the tablet. Screen Magnifier or Talk to Text has created this issue on pixel devices in the past. Turning them off tends to correct the issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Rethra
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'll check this out, probably that's the reason. Great European Samsung support proposes to contact youtube.. .. not on any other device this happens, not older Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, others, by the way same issue was solved due to firmware update as solve5 here in the forum. 

If done I'll respond to that. Thank you !

0 Likes