Original topic:

cannot acces to files on my Galaxy Tab A (2016)

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 05:25 PM)
userUJ45jYUotQ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy Tab A (2016).

So basically, the tablet's memory is almost full, so I wanted to clear the space a little bit. The thing is, when I browse the tablet's memory, I found out that I have 3.1 GB of memory taken by photos and videos as shown bellow:

111.PNG

When I click on that, I only find 2 pictures on the mmory as shown below

222.PNG

I'm thanking that maybe that folder contain damaged files and somehow the tablet cannot read them.

Even when I plug the tablet on PC, I cannot find those 3.1 GB . I have an impression that the PC cannot read all the files stored on my tablet.

Is there a way to access and delete those 3.3 GB of files ? It takes a lot of my tablet's memory

Thank you in advance

7 Replies
Jacobbbb
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Just wondering, is this tablet good? I have the Tab A6 and it was great.
0 Likes
userUJ45jYUotQ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

Sorry for late reply, I was extremly busy these couple of days.

Actualy the tablet is not mine, its my father's. I heard no complain  from him (beside the problem above), so I imagine that this tablet is good too.

Jacobbbb
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Ah, no worries! I'll do some research on it, I have the gab s7 but I also kinda like the more simple things.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try opening My Files and see if you can see more. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userUJ45jYUotQ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for my late reply I was extremly busy these couple of days. Actualy that what I tried to do first. I looked up every folder on "My files" but I have not found those 3.1GB of photos and videos. I even pluged the tablet on my laptop and I searched with the laptop those files but I have found nothing.

What I have noticed is that when I plug the tablet, It only read the "Files" folder (screen below)

1111.jpg

and it does not read other folders ("system memory", "app memory" and the one in question "photos  & videos" )

Do you have an idea on how I can acces the "photos and video" folder ?

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Have you used Gallery to see the pics?   What about clearing th Gallery Trash which is available through Gallery->Setings

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userUJ45jYUotQ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

In the original post, in the second picture, I've tried to open "Gallery" , what I've found is only 2 pictures. I cannot find the 3,1 GB of photos and videos.

Regarding the Gallery trash, I cannot find it when I open the Gallery setings. Here is a screen of what I've found :

33333.PNG

Appologizes for the language, it's in french. There is no mention to "Trash" ("Corbeille" in french )

0 Likes