JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

deceased son's A7 tablet locked

(Topic created: 01-17-2022 08:25 PM)
userLFtNBN4Mbs
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought a Samsung Tab A7 for my son from Best Buy in January 2021.  Recently my son passed away.  I have his tablet but it is locked up and I dont have access to his email or recovery information.  I do have proof of purchase with serial number of device.  I have done the factory reset.  After that it ask for his original signon information to use the tablet.    So given I am the original owner, with proof, is there anyway to unlock so I can use it ( I know his stuff is gone)?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon, I understand the frustration of being unable to access the account for the device. Ig you have been unable to reset the account from Google's Account Recovery page, the device can be sent to our service center to be reset. If you would like to so so, please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link (https://bit.ly/39kTopa), and I will be happy to set this up for you.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Swaf85
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I believe that, once factory reset, android devices don't retain previous account information related to account security and so should let anyone use the device.
You will need to access recovery mode to reset the device without accessing the previous account. You may also be able to unlock it remotely if you can access the previous users Google or Samsung account on any other device (home desktop) and use the "find my device" app on either account. You may remotely unlock, factory reset or locate any registered device using those and other potential options if available.
But as for the original question, again, yes you should be able to reuse the device with another account.
0 Likes
userLFtNBN4Mbs
Constellation
Options
Tablets

As stated, I don't have his recovery information.   So once it is wiped/factory reset, it ask for original person's recovery information.  Hence, locked unless you have that info.

0 Likes
Swaf85
Constellation
Options
Tablets
The "recovery mode" process can be found online by referencing the model. It usually involves holding the power and accessory buttons down until resetting. Check for your particulars if unsure.
0 Likes
userLFtNBN4Mbs
Constellation
Options
Tablets

recovery mode after reset ask for owners email/password that was originally used.  I don't have that.   

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon, I understand the frustration of being unable to access the account for the device. Ig you have been unable to reset the account from Google's Account Recovery page, the device can be sent to our service center to be reset. If you would like to so so, please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link (https://bit.ly/39kTopa), and I will be happy to set this up for you.