JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

defective hinge

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 08:02 AM)
userItek1kHA91
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My samsung chrome has the dreaded defective hinge. I've been trying to get accomodation to get it fixed but have been unsuccessful.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, if you are having these issue repairs would be recommended and depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Oh no!  Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3Y4inGBWps
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I, too have the defective hinge, or the part housed just between the hinge and the edge of the screen. I bought this Chromebook in October 2019. I am a responsible, mature adult, and I haven't abused or dropped the Chromebook. A few days ago when I started to close it, it made a loud cracking sound. I stopped and looked. I took pictures, but don't know how to use your photo option. 

Will you please repair or replace this Chromebook? It is obviously defective. 

Rebecca Cody

0 Likes
userujyx5aQiqp
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My Chromebook did the exact same thing last night. I opened it and as I lifted the top I heard a horrible cracking sound. The hinge and bottom left side of my chromebook fused to the keyboard, in addition there is a crack in the screen due to this break. I so disappointed, my Chromebook is otherwise in excellent condition, and is only 19 months old. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, if you are having these issue repairs would be recommended and depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes