cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

galaxy note 10.1 takes forever to charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For about a month its taking my note 10.1 over 16 hours just to get to  65 -85%.  I have done the reboot which did help for a while,  but the issue is getting worse.   I have original charging equipment and two samsung cords to charge with.  I have had the tablet for almost 3 years. Model GT-N8013

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: galaxy note 10.1 takes forever to charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up ordering a new charger off  Amazon that is one whole unit.  The charger is by PWR+ and it was $14.99.  I have had it for 2-3 weeks and it solved my issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Gt-n8013-Gt-p5113-Sgh-i497-Note-Tab-2-10-1/dp/B00947LCZW/ref=s...

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the original Samsung charger?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the original charger for my Note 10.1 tablet the battery symbol says it's charging but it is not charging 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up ordering a new charger off  Amazon that is one whole unit.  The charger is by PWR+ and it was $14.99.  I have had it for 2-3 weeks and it solved my issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Gt-n8013-Gt-p5113-Sgh-i497-Note-Tab-2-10-1/dp/B00947LCZW/ref=s...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes i am would it be the battery???????????

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did end up getting a new battery a few months ago as well.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell me Samsungjam (Samsung Moderator), why are you not helping by giving meaningful suggestions or help? You ask the question 'are you using the original charger' and when answered yes, nothing from there. 

There is clearly an ongoing issue here with various models, yet it is being ignored! The issue is not with the battery! I have replaced my battery with an original Samsung battery and the problem remained. Batteries generally tend to deteriote over time not overnight. 

Various models of your Samsung Note Tablet have a slow charging issue. Time to acknowledge it and support your customers!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately the mods here are only able to help with troubleshooting steps and repair set-up. If you are using the original charger, software is up-to date, no change in safe mode, and it's still charging abnormally slow, then it's recommended to have a technician tale a look at the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile as well as a Note10.1 tablet, both have the same charging problem.

It is caused by the OS wrongly reading the charge level of the battery, with the S3 I can simply remove and put back the battery to reset the charge detection, but with the tablet this is not an option, I wish Samsung would acknowledge the problem.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. Samsung should take notice and example from Subaru: I send an email (they do make themselves accessible thereby) and immediately there is an acknowledgement of receipt and promise to respond. Within 48 hours they respond, and with conclusive solutions. My tablet is no car, but I paid money for it, so get off your butts, Samsung, and SPEAK UP.