JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

galaxy tab A 8.0 rebooting issue

(Topic created: 03-27-2020 05:53 AM)
OV_74
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

hi! I am having problems with my Samsung galaxy tab 8.0 model no t355y, it continuously reboots & also vibrates each time it does so. Due to this none of the online options are operational. My piece is not under warranty & I have tried the last option of rebooting in a safe mode factory reset but it shows downloading & the screen seems to be hanged with no downloading happening for hours. Can anyone help me with this issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Tablets

Hey @OV_74 ,

Sorry that you are having issues with your device.   It sounds like you may either have an issue with a corrupt operating system or a bad motherboard lets hope its the OS.  Your best bet would be to take it to your local Samsung Certified Ubreakifix or Samsung Experiance Store to do what is called a factory flash.  How this differs from a factory reset is the corrupted OS is completly wiped and replaced with a working most up to date OS.  However if this doesn't work than it may be a bad motherboard in which case either of these locations can support you completing a mail in option.  I hope this was help and if it was please leave a like and mark accept as solution if it help fix the problem.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

0 Likes
OV_74
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

@ddsanchez_82... thank you for your valuable feedback, cant rule out that possibility, but  since the product was working fine for couple of years and the problem started after having been kept aside for few months, can it be due to battery being worn out. is there any way to test my tabs battery health.

0 Likes
Solution
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Tablets

@OV_74 ,

If the device lets you get into the OS I would navigate to settings> device care> battery.  While this is not a true diagnostic it could check if there is a power hungry app that may be causing the issue.  However if you want to do a true diagnostic you would have to go to you local Ubreakifix or Samsung Experience Store to have this done.   This Diagnostic will give you exactly what is happening and whether it's software or hardware.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

0 Likes
userTchUTCH5Vf
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I had the same problem on my Tab A  non of the solutions here worked.    Turned out to be a bad batterey terminal connection   the plug to connect the battery is not slide on   it is a vertical push fit.   And not mechanically secured.   I removed the plug and reseated it.   Problem solved   

0 Likes