Galaxy tab s6 lite - NEWBIE! Need MAC address before setup new tablet

(Topic created: 03-11-2023 06:41 PM)
Webtest7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Blessings!  NEWBIE ALERT!

New Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

How can I get my MAC address BEFORE SETUP so I can connect to my WiFi?  I have to enter the MAC address in the Access Point WiFi router to enable connection.

I just unboxed the new tablet and am charging it now.  I watched a couple of videos and the first thing that is done is to connect to WiFi, which I can't do without the MAC address.

Any and all comments, suggestions, and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Art in Carlisle PA USA

(my first unlimited computer access was on a VACUUM TUBE Bendix G-15)

5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Webtest7 You can find the Wifi Mac address by opening the settings on the tablet. Click on About tablet -> Status information and then it will list the Wifi MAC address and other pieces of info. 

0 Likes
Solution
Webtest7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Blessings! Thanks for the help.  I finally did find the WiFi Mac address.

Art in Carlisle PA USA

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
You probably need to go to settings and stop Mac rotation every time it logs in because yeah that won't work then
0 Likes
Webtest7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Blessings! This was especially valuable ... Windows 10 does the same thing by default.  It took a bit of hunting, but I did get 'rotation' turned off, and I did get my tablet on the internet.

Thanks to all who helped.  It hasn't taken me too long to decide that the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is an IMMENSELY better tablet than my old Amazon Fire HD 10!

Art in Carlisle PA USA

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
After finding the MAC and disabling MAC randomization on the phone as stated above, I will suggest you disable MAC filter on the access point if you control/own it. Make sure you change the access point name/SSID, use a strong password/passphrase and use at least WPA-2 Personal as security protocol. MAC filter is unnecessary unless you use default SSID and password. WPA3 is better but most devices are not compatible with it yet.
0 Likes