cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

great now a part of my Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1 side popped out

😢please reply hi Samsung  little part of  my Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1 side popped out by my SD card slot not the  sd card slot itself  near it but no matter how much pressure I  put on it  it won't stay  down  all I  did was drop it  and  I  dropped it  before  but side didn't pop out and I  can't  bring it in  for repairs because I don't have the receipt  that I  got when I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1  this makes me  sad  because I  talk to my friend on this tablet and I  don't like it  when my  things that I  bought  break  and I  don't want to  break it  more than it is  and  yes I  know I  can use  Instagram direct messages on PC  but sometimes it doesn't show me the message that I send  it  just  shows  when people are active or were active but when I  click on the person In Instagram direct messages on PC  then it shows the  messages  i send to my friend  and  the little popped out side of my tablet it's not that big of a problem but I don't want it to get bigger and  the  sd card still  comes out it does  take a  little bit longer to take but I think that is because it is my  first time actually  opening the sd card slot because I don't  use  sd cards because  the  last one I  had was  for a camera but I  broke it because I  was cleaning it and the sd card got  stuck and  broke into pieces  so that is why I don't  use  sd card  slots  on any  device but this is my second tablet that I bought  and my  favorite one so my feelings are heart  sorry for  talking a lot  but this was really important to talk about so please reply 😢
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: great now a part of my Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1 side popped out

@blakeross ,

Sorry for your issue.  If you really want to get it fixed you don't need the receipt because since you dropped the tablet, this issue is not covered by warranty.

It sounds like this is a cosmetic only issue so if you can live with it you'll save some money.

Can you attach a picture to this thread so that we can see what you're talking about??

Highlighted
Asteroid

😢the popped out side of my tablet is kind of hard to see and I don't have a different device to use to take picture because my dad uses a iPhone so I don't know how to send picture to my tablet from my dads iPhone so I can post on it on hear and I don't have receipt so never was able to look at my specific warranty but I remember getting my tablet after Christmas and I got it from target because it was on sale it cost 120 dollars or 90 dollars and Samsung website asked for my receipt to view warranty but I think we threw it away with the box the tablet came with because I thought I didn't need it because i thought I would not ruin my tablet and I also was not the one to throw it away so I don't have receipt and I thought you needed receipt and warranty to get repairs😢
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Re: great now a part of my Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1 side popped out

you only need the receipt if you either purchased an extended warranty or if the issue of your tablet was something covered under warranty. if you dropped the tablet the cost of repair comes out of your pocket because it's not a covered warranty item unless of course you got extended warranty with accidental coverage. sorry you are dealing with this issue, hopefully you get it worked out!
Highlighted
Asteroid

@bill-e
I hope this is a good enough picture20200728_160839.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@blakeross 

Ouch!  It is difficult to tell what the real damage is but I assume that the screen is OK and the tablet is working.

You could bring the tablet to a local repair shop and get an estimate.

In my opinion I would not have the tablet repaired.  I'm guessing that if you paid $90 for the tablet, the repair would cost close to that value unless it's something that the technician can just pop back into place..

Highlighted
Asteroid

😢 @bill-e yes tablet works but I'm confused on how this actually happened when it fell it hit carpet also a table but it didn't get hit by table there I just realized it got chipped on the back and popped out on the side and I can take picture of the back 😢

20200728_204239.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Your best option is still to bring it somewhere to get an estimate so that you can decide if it's worth fixing.  There are plenty of fixit shops.  Here's just one with many locations.

https://www.ubreakifix.com/tablet-repair

Highlighted
Asteroid

@bill-e I wanted to find repair shop that was close to me but I think I will just forget about it until I have enough money for a phone so I want to save my money and also my other tablets broke before to but this tablet is less broken then them and this tablet still gets updates actually I don't know if my old tablets still get updates or not because I deleted my data on them one is rca viking tab2 and the other is Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.