cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEWtIp4YCYr
Constellation

hdmi adapter

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not a happy camper with Samsung Support today. A couple of weeks ago (01/23/2017) I was on with Samsung Chat and was inquiring about an Adapter that would connect my Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T530NU) to an HDMI projector for a presentation. Was told by the tech that the Samsung Multiport Adapter (EE-PW700BWEGUJ) was compatible. Turns out it was not.

The next day (01/24/2017), was on Chat then on the Phone with a total of 8 techs only to be told that the Samsung Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Adapter Cable (ET-H10FAUWESTA) was the adapter I really needed. Attempted last evening (02/05/2017) to make the connection only to discover that it would not connect.

So I have a Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) thought for sure I had read it was compatible with HDMI, again, disappointment. Perfect, why was I told this adapter would work with my tablet and why isn't the Samsung so called "Flagship Phone" not capable of connecting?

Again, to voice my concerns I called Customer Support today (02/06/2017), was transferred to "someone who could answer my questions"... Turns out he could not but he did transfer me to SamsungParts.com 's customer service. Turns out, they get these types of transfers all the time and they are not allowed to provide Model #'s. However, the nice lady did tell me what to look for on Samsung's website, "3.0 HDTV Adapter" (ET-H10FAUWEGUJ).

Guess what I did when I got back to my office? Went online and turns out I was met with disappointment once again. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is not compatible with this adapter. In fact, I can't find an adapter anywhere that is. Odd how my OLD Tab 2 had more capabilities then my newer Tab 4. I truly believe this is a little short sighted from the engineers at Samsung.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: hdmi adapter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience and any misinformation provided, I certainly understand the frustration. In regards to the newer phone models; none of the cell phones from the Note 5 or newer (Including both the Note and S line) are compatible with MHL HDMI adapters. As for the tablet, none of the Samsung adapters that are available are compatible with this model tablet. Though there may be another brand you can find that would be compatible. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience and any misinformation provided, I certainly understand the frustration. In regards to the newer phone models; none of the cell phones from the Note 5 or newer (Including both the Note and S line) are compatible with MHL HDMI adapters. As for the tablet, none of the Samsung adapters that are available are compatible with this model tablet. Though there may be another brand you can find that would be compatible. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userY2Tt29sZLs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In terms of a wired connection, this probably doesn't help but in terms of getting an "hdmi connection" to a display device, I use miracast on a samsung tab pro "coupled" to a wireless display adapter (ie. microsoft wireless display adapter).   It works well depending on distances involved between the tablet and the adapter.   Sad part for me was that the tab2 7 didn't support miracast properly but it appears they have certified support for the tab pro.   You can check to see which samsungs are certified on the miracast site and go from there.