JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

how do I update my tablet?

(Topic created on: 12/9/20 2:21 PM)
BlueToadenstein
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Does anybody know how to update a tab E? Well of course somebody knows, but I mean, does anyone reading this know how? I want to make sure I'm up to date
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.

Make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi of course.  If there's an update, it'll start downloading that way.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.

Make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi of course.  If there's an update, it'll start downloading that way.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
BlueToadenstein
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
what exactly is the menu key? sorry, I'm dumb
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Our apologies, please swipe down from the top and tap on the gear icon at the top right corner. Alternatively, you can go to your apps and select the Settings app.

0 Likes
BlueToadenstein
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
alright, so I went in settings, but there was no "about phone" option. I went in the most similar area there was (about tablet) but there was no "software updates" area. however, I did find software update as its own area, but there was no "check for updates" area
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Is there a About Device or About Tablet option? You're in the right place, the names of these settings can change depending on the device and current software version.

0 Likes
BlueToadenstein
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
yeah, there's an about tablet row. I mentioned that in my previous reply.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Please provide the full model code of the tablet. Everything I'm finding regarding this states there should be a Check for Updates in the Software Updates section.

0 Likes
BlueToadenstein
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I actually just found it. but it's not called check for updates, it's called download updates manually
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Sorry about that! The menu systems are quite varied. Glad you were able to locate it.