Original topic:

locked out with no option of Google recovery?

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 03:29 AM)
Gaugedr34gtr
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I just recently repaired my daughter's Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 tablet instead of purchasing a new one because of irreplaceable content. After repairing the tablet, we find it's been so long my daughter has forgotten her pin code.  while searching for an answer, I see some samsung users are able to bypass the pin, and log in with a Google account instead. We know her Google password, however it never gives the option of logging in with a password instead of her forgotten pin. This is my last effort to try and preserve the data on the tablet before being forced to wipe it in order to use it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
17 Replies
elderly
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Me too.
Gaugedr34gtr
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have some sort of "forgot pin" or something available in this case that wouldn't force someone who had similar forgotten their pin to reset their entire device. why have that available for some samsung devices, but not all? if I find a solution, I'll post it here. but it doesn't look good...
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I believe if you enter it wrong a certain number of times, a 'forgot pin' option should appear. Tap that and there should be an option to use Google credentials.
Gaugedr34gtr
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm 8 minutes in between entering in the pin. I've been trying here and there while working from home. any idea if the threshold is still higher?
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Enter the pin consecutively until a forgot pin prompt option displays.
0 Likes
Gaugedr34gtr
Constellation
Options
Tablets
thanks. I'll keep trying. I seem to be stuck waiting 8 minutes in between each attempt. I feel like quantum leap, hoping that the next attempt...will be my last. and it will finally display a "forgot pin"
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Go onto your computer and navigate to Samsung find my mobile page. Log in and if your tablet was registered previously and active, you should be able to unlock it that way.
0 Likes
Gaugedr34gtr
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I did attempt that, but it seems her tablet was never registered. thank you for responding! I've still been diligently attempting pin codes since this morning. I'm now up to 16 minutes between attempts.
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I believe at this point, you'll need to bite the bullet. Sorry, my friend!