JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

new galaxy TAB A7 10.4 Cannot Move APPA to SD card as in previous models

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 06:22 PM)
userExfk8vnFO7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

BEWARE you cannot move any APPs over to the external SD card,  I have a 64GB internal which is large. If you get a smaller internal and download may APPs you coud be out of gas with nowhere to go. Samsung claims it is a copyright problem. However how come all of a sudden its a problem when previous models you could do that function. Possible it will be resolved and new firmware will change it ,In the meantime Samsung is using deceptive advertising stating you can use the external SD card

56 Replies
user9M2Rvcdn2T
Constellation
Options
Tablets

@user9Zl8trKMg4 Can i format it on the tablet or I have to do it on a laptop? And which format and size did you format it to? thanks

0 Likes
Hikw-Qedxw
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It's not just your Tab A7, in the one of the last few updates for my Note9 all of the apps were moved back to internal storage and the option to move them is no longer is available.
0 Likes
userArUmHpdJ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

this is kinda dumb, there's no reason why they should prevent you from using that SD CARD SLOT to put your apps on,... should be up to the cosumer... my niece got this for christmas, it's a decent tablet, but what puts me off is not allowed you to use your SD card properly... theres no reason why samsung should stop this!

NormanPort
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Samsung, need update so we can move apps to sd card on galaxy tab A7. My internal is full. Don't make me sorry I bought a Samsung Tablet. Its a nice tablet except for this. I have a whole lifetime of buying electronics, you might miss me.
WSS4351
Constellation
Options
Tablets
After making the change, I do not see the ability to move applications to the SD Card. Brand new A7 machine.
0 Likes
Harpingeorge
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I've tried to follow itructions but can't find how to move apps to SD card. Help!
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
some cant be moved. which ones are you trying to move
0 Likes
Lmbooyh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Not one single app I have moves. All of them moved on my kindle
0 Likes
Harpingeorge
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
None of them will let me move them. I read that android disabled that in their OS.
ZaneDragonBorn
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have the same Device and am wondering about this too. Bit of sceptical Thinking here, but maybe there is a way to trick your tablet into thinking that SD is the Main one? This may be a thing a youtuber covered.
0 Likes