Original topic:

replacement of Kindle with Galaxy Tab A, one bug bear... screen brightness not in swipe down menu

(Topic created: 05-28-2021 07:46 AM)
userUOtsmmNHcY
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I've bought a Galaxy Tab A to replace a now problematic Kindle Fire tablet. Obviously it's much better to not have an Amazon restricted tablet, but there is one bug bear with new table which the Samsung hasn't got: On the swipe down menu at the top of the screen, the Kindle had a screen brightness. On the Samsung, you've got to swipe down, choose settings, choose display, then you can adjust the screen brightness. Is there anyway I can get such a screen brightness setting immediately on that swipe down menu?

Bonus Q: what's the best/quickest way to copy stuff from Kindle to Samsung? Bluetooth is so slow, can't see a way to do it via WiFi.

One more, I really like the standard clock app that's on the Kindle, nicer than any I've tried on the Samsung. Anyway to get that clock app on the Samsung?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I will be happy to assist you. For the screen brightness, pull down the notification bar, then pull it down again. You will see the brightness slider at the bottom. Tap the arrow next to the slider, and select the option to show the control on top of the notification bar.

You will not be able to move the Kindle clock app to your tablet. I will qualify that with saying that .apk installation files are everywhere, but I can't help with that.

The data transfer is trickier, depending on the content you want to move. For instance, Kindle, Amazon Photos, Amazon Music, etc. will transfer once you sign in to the Amazon account on the Galaxy Tab. If you have other content actually stored on the Kindle, you can use something like Android File Transfer to move data over a WiFi connection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUOtsmmNHcY
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Haven't fully read/processed your reply yet, will do, just to say in the meantime, thanks v. much.

0 Likes