Original topic:

s pen defaults to Chinese?

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 08:00 PM)
userd1v3EcBITy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have 2 languages set on my Galaxy tab S6 lite. English and Chinese with English as the primary language. However, whenever I use the s pen to text feature, it always defaults to Chinese. The only way I've gotten it to stop is to remove Chinese from my languages. Is there another way to fix this?
9 Replies
userd1v3EcBITy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It seems that resetting my keyboard settings and then readding Chinese fixed the issue.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Fantastic!  We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userd1v3EcBITy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Sorry to bring this up again but I just encantered the issue again. It seems that resetting one settings is only a temporary fix.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Could you please check the translate option in the S Pen commands to make sure it's not set to translate what you enter?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userd1v3EcBITy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
The issure occurs regardless of what I set the translation to. Also, it isn't translating what I write in English, It's interprinting what I write as Chinese.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I recommend that you call in to 800-726-7864 and ask the agent to remote connect to your device to check this issue.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userd1v3EcBITy
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I talked to the agent and turning off the writting toolbar fixed it temporarily but as soon as I typed in Chinese and then switched back to English the issue returned. Is there somewhere I can submit this as a glich to Samsung?
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

You can report it from the Members app on your device. Select Get Help from the home page, then Error Reports. You can fill out the issue report there. I have also tagged this to be investigated by our engineers.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Glad you were able to self-resolve the issue 👍🏿