Original topic:

second screen galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created: 03-10-2021 03:59 PM)
Davsanguzcop
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Today I received the One UI 3.1 update on my Galaxy Tab S6. In the update info it mentions the second screen option with a PC but the option does not appear in the notification bar
19 Replies
Rutjan666
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Can't find the option either....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Second screen option is missing too

0 Likes
userYBRNM5srR5
Constellation
Options
Tablets

hi, i'm an italian user, sorry if my english is not perfect. I installed the one ui 3.1 on tab s6 4g. the second screen function is missing. I have read all the new features in this update and the second screen feature is specified. i called support, but they don't even know what the second screen function is. possible that it is not present?

0 Likes
Rutjan666
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

They don't know what it is? Quite the technical support...

The option is live on the Tab S7, so it does exist and they should at least know about it.

As to the S6, I see two options:

• Either it's never coming to our device and they got wrong in the changelog (that seems unlikely though, as the two devices aren't too far in terms of specs. Still the changelog also says you can match your home screen layout in Dex mode with your normal layout, but I couldn't find the option)
  • Either they couldn't finish it in time and it's coming later with a One UI apk update via Galaxy Store (let's not forget the 3.1 update came three months ahead of schedule)
userYBRNM5srR5
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes, I agree with you. we hope there will be a further update with the second screen function. however, the assistance service should be able to give us more precise information.

laviarray
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It's now 3 months later and I still can't find the option. Does anyone know about this?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

The information in the link below should be the most helpful! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088544/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertJgHiciB2M
Constellation
Options
Tablets

....except it isnt. The s6 had the update and is missing the 2nd screen button that the link you posted talks about. 

Rutjan666
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just updated to May security patch, the option is still nowhere to be found...

0 Likes