cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

sm-t900 email will not send mail

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed yesterday my Tab Pro 12.2, which was working fine till now, will no longer send mail via smtp server. I have done the basics such as: clear cache, clear data - no luck; shut down app, delete account, reboot, recreate account - no luck. I can receive emails via pop but get error (cannot connect to server) for smtp outgoing mail.

Imap account (gmail) works fine.

Anyone else having this problem?

Finally, I gave in and loaded a third party app Blue-mail and that works fine.

I have not found a way to reinstall the samsung default email app.

Is there a way for me review any debug log or start a debug log for the email app. Note my tablet is not rooted.

Any advice welcome.

rgang50
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

Re: sm-t900 email will not send mail

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a lot of fishing around, it turns out to be an ISP  issue but the ISP (Verizon) has not acknowledged it.

Summary: the email pop server requires login userid and password. The userid has always been the userid without the domain, that is, without @verizon.net.

Now it appears that people whose pop and smtp servers are based on yahoo services, that is, POP is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and SMTP is outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net have to enter the fully qualified domain name in the userid.

For non yahoo clients, like me, I had to enter the fully qualified domain name for the SMTP but not for the POP. That is, I have enter userid@verizon.net for the SMTP to send mail. This applies Android 5.1.1 and not for Android 6.0.1.

Hope this helps others but I do not have an explanation why it is this way.

rgang50

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi rgang50, 

You might want to try searching the Google Play store for a debug app.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The android debug app I tried requires root password. Is there anyway to reinstall the default email app without a full reset?

rgang50
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I gave in and did a factory reset hoping this will fix the stock email program. But no luck.

The darned thing is that POP works but SMTP complains "server not available". I use the same settings in the Gmail (POP) and Bluemail Apps and they work fine.

I do not recall when this problem started bu there was a recent update to tablet. Maybe this caused the problem. No way to tell at my end. I liked the stock email interface and have a hard time adjusting the other apps. Any suggestion welcome.

Android 5.1.1

Build LMY47X.T900UESBPL1

rgang50
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the ISP changed the outgoing mail server.  You'll need to speak with them to get the new address and add that  to the account.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use the same smtp setting in email app and the Bluemail app. Bluemail works and email does not. The stock email app complains server not available.

So it is not ISP issue as far as settings are concerned. If you think of anything else do let me know.

rgang50
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a lot of fishing around, it turns out to be an ISP  issue but the ISP (Verizon) has not acknowledged it.

Summary: the email pop server requires login userid and password. The userid has always been the userid without the domain, that is, without @verizon.net.

Now it appears that people whose pop and smtp servers are based on yahoo services, that is, POP is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and SMTP is outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net have to enter the fully qualified domain name in the userid.

For non yahoo clients, like me, I had to enter the fully qualified domain name for the SMTP but not for the POP. That is, I have enter userid@verizon.net for the SMTP to send mail. This applies Android 5.1.1 and not for Android 6.0.1.

Hope this helps others but I do not have an explanation why it is this way.

rgang50

View solution in original post

user3WZ6tpdhx8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also cannot get outgoing email to work. Exactly the same issue as you.

Samsung should be providing us the fix to this issue.

KNOCK KNOCK SAMSUNG ARE YOU THERE.

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it was an ISP issue. Samsung told me as much but I did not believe them right away. The solution for me was to enter the "user-name @ domain-name" in the userid box. My ISP - Verizon had made this change and did not bother to inform users prior to the change.

I hope this works for you but then again cause of your problem may be some thing else.

rgang50
userXQuq36G4xg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm already using my name + domain name.  Still doesn't work for me.  Anymore ideas?