cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halo

strange service country message

I just opened my Samsung Members app on my new Tab A7.  I got the following message: "Your service country may change along with related content in the Samsung Members app. This will overwrite previous information."

The only option is OK. When the app opens, it is in Spanish. The community posts, too.

And then the message keeps popping up.

I then go to my S20. [This device.] I open the app and the same message! But, so far it is still in English. 

Anyone have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Comet

Re: strange service country message

In a Spanish speaking country with a local SIM card? Otherwise, really strange. Can't imagine you bought a phone that was made for a Spanish speaking locale. Samsung recently changed their policy to support devices based on where they were made for as opposed to where they are being used.
Halo

Re: Re: strange service country message

thanks Ekamek

I live in Puerto Rico, a territory of the USA. I purchased both my Galaxy Tab A Tablet and Galaxy S20
cash, from samsung.com. [US]

The Tablet has no SIM card. [just wifi] The S20, which gives me the message but doesn't change to English, has a TMobile SIM card frome here.

Look forward to your reply.
Comet

Re: strange service country message

Noted and know PR. If phone locale is PR, you may be out of luck especially with PR SIM card, again only because of recent samsung changes. I believe the locations under North America were only MX, USA and Canada if I remember correctly. Read the notice over a month ago.
Halo

Re: Re: strange service country message

thanks. But I cannot understand why they would do this, if I speak English. This hadn't happened until today. My phone has a SIM, but my tablet not. ... Very frustrating!
Comet

Re: Re: Re: strange service country message

yes, it's frustrating but works on the premise of providing location-based services.