Original topic:

Freestyle cradle weak

(Topic created: 03-17-2022 08:59 PM)
Cakepunching
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

I received my pre-ordered Freestyle, unboxed and set up according to the included instructions. When I tried splashing the image on different surfaces, I noticed that the projector wouldn't hold an angle under 40°, and it would sag under its own weight and swing to face downwards. The cradle doesn't feel like it has a tight enough joint to the projector itself considering it sags under its own weight. Interested to know if anyone else is having the same problem, or if my unit is just defective.

3 Replies
Samsung_wMsep3V
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Received the Freestyle this week. I also am experiencing a weak cradle. Image/projector slowly weighs downward. It doesn’t seem like it would tighten more though. Waiting for Samsung to announce next steps on this. 

0 Likes
userEPKlkndIXx
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Same issues... tension is not enough to hold image at all angles. Product is a little too early to market and seems as though there is absolutely no support or activity on resolving the many issues. If you can I would return this and wait for later models. 

0 Likes
userL88tOQGGjE
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

We were having the same problem, but found a solution.

We tilted the unit in the opposite direction, with the Samsung logo showing upward.  The setup guide shows it backwards.  We changed a setting under General & Privacy > Projector Setting to 'Automatically Flip Vertical' and it's perfect now. -- Properly weighted and balanced with no slipping.  

0 Likes