JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Freestyle not starting

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 03:56 AM)
CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

I finally got my Freestyle. Set it up and used for a few minutes and turned it off.

After an hour or so I turned back on and all videos were black and white. Couldn't find an option to turn it off, so did a factory reset. That fixed the issue.

Watched about 30 mins of videos to make sure all was good, tried to use ambient and said it had an issue and I should turn off and then on and try again. I did that a couple of times and kept getting the error. So I just turned off and went on my day.

This morning I tried to turn on the Freestyle and it won't come on. I even used the button on the unit itself, but nothing.

I see there is a tiny white LED light that is on and when I press any buttons either on the unit or the remote, it blinks like it's trying to do something.

I even changed the power supply and got a better one (100w), but still nothing.

Anyone having similar issues?

TIA!

Edit: I wrote a review and got a message from Samsung:

•  Make sure that the power cord is securely plugged in to the projector and the wall outlet.
  • Make sure that the wall outlet is working and the remote control sensor of the projector is lit and glowing a solid white.

Yes, the light is lit and glowing a solid white. When you press any button it blinks super fast and then stops when you let the button go.

Edit 2: Someone had the same issue on the review about the brightness and gamma being negative number. I had the latest firmware already and nothing fixed the issue.

Seems to me I have a bad unit.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

I have seen a lot of people having same issue. I finally got my replacement yesterday. At first it was again with the smell of PCB overheating.

I left on for about an hour while it was by my side just to make sure.
I then went on the settings and things were a little faster compared to the first one I received. Then I turned on the mountain option, which will make fans blast. It's louder, but you can tell the projector gets cooler and much faster.

Updated the firmware and everything seems to be working so far.

View solution in context

8 Replies
CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

The projector turned on, but I can't use ambient. I keep getting the error:

PXL_20220216_171801647.jpg

0 Likes
usera52S7AOzlB
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

Having the same issue here...

If you try to do the Smart Calibration it will not show the proper qr codes...

See in the picture bellow.

Have tried to reset several times, tried to create a new samsung account, nothing works.

Everything happened after a reset. I received my unit and it did setup properly. After some days, and after upgrading the firmware, I tried to open Netflix, and it said that it needed to be installed. I am pretty sure it was up and running before.. I could not install netflix anymore on app store, so I decided to reset it and start over...

After doing that I can use netflix now, but smart calibration and Ambient are not working anymore...

Not sure what else to try.. maybe we all will need to wait for a new firmware update... it does seems to be a SW related issue.

thumbnail_IMG_8213.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8214.jpg

0 Likes
CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

I have an update. It stopped working again. And then at some point I smelled like something was burning and when I look at the projector (which was OFF), there was smoke coming out of it.

I grabbed a thermometer and it was reaching 112F. For some reason it decided to turn itself on and fans came on, that's why it was 112F. Before I couldn't even touch it.

I tried to contact Samsung yesterday for over 2 hours and I just kept getting transferred and no one wanted to help.

Maybe I should let it catch on fire and then come for Samsung?

PXL_20220217_102518346.jpgPXL_20220217_102523636.jpg

0 Likes
usertCWAXi6bla
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

Did you ever a reply to the no-switching-on issue? I have exactly the same issue (although I'm not aware that it got hot). Whilst it did work, I had the same levelling issue as described in other posts...

CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

No. I ended up sending the device to Samsung and they said they couldn't replicate the issue where it gets hot.
Mine got so hot it was smoking. When I asked them if they saw if it was black and white like I show in my post, they never replied.

I am supposed to get a replacement, but it's been like 2 weeks or so since it was approved and still nothing.

usermhH6atW0oI
Constellation
Options
The Freestyle

I have same issue with not turning on, sending back for refund.

0 Likes
usersuIgseMn6K
Astronaut
Options
The Freestyle

I got the same black and white and negative gamma issue and I have yet to process my unit to the service center.

im just wondering how widespread this issue is, disappointed with samsung with their lack of PR involvement in this issue especially with their less mainstream products

0 Likes
Solution
CajuCLC
Asteroid
Options
The Freestyle

I have seen a lot of people having same issue. I finally got my replacement yesterday. At first it was again with the smell of PCB overheating.

I left on for about an hour while it was by my side just to make sure.
I then went on the settings and things were a little faster compared to the first one I received. Then I turned on the mountain option, which will make fans blast. It's louder, but you can tell the projector gets cooler and much faster.

Updated the firmware and everything seems to be working so far.