Did you mean: 

Original topic:

⚠️Unlock The Beast Inside your Phone⚠️

(Topic created on: 10/26/20 6:51 AM)
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Tips
A few tips for people that may not be too familiar with their phones.

•Did you know that you can further enhance the 120hz smoothing of your screen in "Developer Ootions"? 
•Also, therein lies another option to boost game performance (in most circumstances) beyond what Game Launcher already is designed to do? 

See basically your phone by default uses *mainly* software to handle animations and smoothing effects. If you enable "Disable HW overlays", this will force your phone to render screen composition mainly by the GPU to enhance the buttery smoothness even further. I promise you, If you have this option enabled IN ADDITION TO the 120hz smoothing option, you should never see a lag again in ANY animations. 
••"Force 4x MSAA" does basically the same thing to *most* games. 

BE CAREFULL! There are OTHER options in developer mode that can mess you phone up if you aren't properly aware of what they do. 
Enable at your own risk...

5 Replies
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Tips
In addition: If you ever restart (not reset) your phone, you will have to re-enable them again.
0 Likes
FNTWO187
Star
Options
Tips
how is battery life with these enabled ?
0 Likes
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Tips
Exact numbers I don't know but I'm sure it does a little. test it out see for yourself.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for the valuable tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
UIV
Astronaut
Options
Tips
Maybe you could edit the post to include how to activate developer mode by tapping the build number.. etc. For most of us it's common knowledge, but there are a lot of novice beta testers in here.
0 Likes