Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut
I have the s20 ultra 5G but it marks LTE not 5G
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray
5G is currently only available in some areas, check with your carrier to see if where you live they have already rolled out 5G or not (usually if you head to the website of your carrier all have a map section displaying where it's available)

Go to a known location where 5G is present, test it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Astronaut
does your area support 5g
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray
I also have s20 ultra 5g and get 5g just as frequently as i used to. try a carrier settings update or move to a known 5g area and see if it works.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray
5G is currently only available in some areas, check with your carrier to see if where you live they have already rolled out 5G or not (usually if you head to the website of your carrier all have a map section displaying where it's available)

Go to a known location where 5G is present, test it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beta Moderator

Hello,

As mentioned by @DCdaniel, does your area support 5G? It would be best to check with your carrier regarding that information. If you find that your area is covered and you're still facing connectivity issues, please send us an error report.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador
if you're phone carrier has 5g in your area and you have the correct plan to access the 5g network you should be fine, some people who have T mobile have older Sim cards that need to be replaced to access the full network capabilities
Highlighted
Halo
same here had 5G now it shows only LTE
Highlighted
Constellation
all stated above are accurate. Check 5g coverage in your area, check that you have 5g enabled on your plan via your phone provider (Verizon has a 15.00 cost more per month to use this on a business line). If you should be receiving 5g after checking those 2 then I would recommend getting a new SIM. I had migrated my SIM and it simply didn't have the ability for 5g. Had a new one sent over to me and when in 5g available areas, I have no problem with my s20 U picking up a 5g signal
Highlighted
Comet
My device also switches to 4G LTE more often than 5G.
-Yes I have 5G coverage with t-mobile
-Yes my city has 5G coverage
-Updated SIM card to R15 (uses standalone)

Again, it usually never switches to 4G LTE but I noticed it uses it more often than my 5G which did not happen before
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: 5G

JUMP TO SOLUTION
5G seems to be working again but nonetheless something to keep an eye on please.