Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Apps Crashing on your beta - try this

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 08:16 AM)
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
Okay, since I installed beta2 this morning, I've had two - three apps crashing such as:
Members, Gmail, (phone) Settings app, and occasionally GBoard. 

This solution seems to have cleared things up:

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

Retry the the troubled app(s).

15 Replies
Focr06
Comet
Options
Tips
Anyone been having issues with Instagram randomly crashing?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
Yea, I've seen posts about Instagram acting up
0 Likes
jjino
Astronaut
Options
Tips
Doesn't work for TikTok. App keeps crashing. This will be the last time I ever use a Samsung Beta šŸ‘Ž
thecodemonk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
If you can't handle issues like that, it's probably best you don't participate in beta programs. They are specifically designed to find bugs and crashes like that. Once reported it can get into the queue to be fixed and eventually released. There is an option to opt back out of the beta and go back to the previous version.
jjino
Astronaut
Options
Tips
How can I go back to a previous version? I would like to do that
thecodemonk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
@jjino in the Samsung members app for the beta, click the gear icon at the top and go to manage beta status and withdraw from the beta. I believe shortly after that you can then do a system update and it should downgrade you to the previous release. If that doesn't work I think you can use Samsung smart switch on a PC.
0 Likes
beri
Comet
Options
Tips
Awesome advice! I was having issues and it cleared up. If they arise again, I'll for sure try the repair apps option!
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @user751201tmO21 ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

MrMeowgi1
Explorer
Options
Tips
Was hoping this would work for Torque pro app but it didn't. Will try again another time or just wait for the developer to update his side
0 Likes