Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Apps Crashing on your beta - try this

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 10:16 PM)
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
Okay, since I installed beta2 this morning, I've had two - three apps crashing such as:
Members, Gmail, (phone) Settings app, and occasionally GBoard. 

This solution seems to have cleared things up:

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

Retry the the troubled app(s).

15 Replies
LayzJ
Astronaut
Options
Tips
This works 100%
0 Likes
LayzJ
Astronaut
Options
Tips
Well it did work for a bit, back to crashing tiktok lol
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
Ahhhhh ... TT - yea, that'll be difficult to fix.

I don't think TT is approved for Android 12, right?
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Tips
I'm going to try this for my unwanted auto-updating in the Google Play Store. Thanks
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Tips
I haven't used this method since I rooted my Galaxy Notes, before the Note9, YEARS ago! 😂 Anyhoo I'll let you know if I still receive unwanted auto-updates in the Google Play Store, thanks for jogging my memory. I can't believe I forgot all about this!
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Tips
Well I'm STILL receiving the unauthorized, unnecessary and unwanted 😡 auto-updates in the Play Store. I've actually updated the a Play Store itself (as I always keep the most current version installed) and this is continuously happening. Any other ideas...anyone anyone?
0 Likes