Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Extra Dim

(Topic created: 01-15-2022 03:52 PM)
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Tips
For those that are bummed that the Extra Dim quick toggle was removed in the last update. You're in luck, you can reach it using certain activity launcher type apps.

This is the activity you will be looking for under Accessibility:

Extra dim com.samsung.accessibility.Activities$ReduceBrightnessActivity

Hope this helps. You should be able to add it to the home screen from there for the time being and also turn on the quick access tab button for it as well. 

From there you can also add a hardware key shortcut to turn it off and on. I have it set to turn on and off when I single press the volume up and the power key. 

6 Replies
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Tips
My apologies. I copied the wrong activity. I edited the post to correct it.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @Chef31684 ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

UniverseCitizen
Asteroid
Options
Tips
Thank you! I tried two different activity launchers but this isn't working, for me. Activity Launcher shows 2 "dim" options under accessibility, but the one you list doesn't work, gives me Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: starting intent { flg=0x_ . I tried adding a shortcut to my home screen but it does nothing except say that the app is not installed. My understanding from reading online is that Samsung restricts the ability of end users to obtain root on our own phones, though there are guides to doing so. Is a lack of root the problem?
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Tips
Use Alliance Shield X. Works flawlessly for me
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Tips
No, no root needed. Use Alliance Shield X
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Tips
It's the access from Knox. Which Alliance Shield X is able to obtain without root.