Did you mean: 

Original topic:

FIXED! Paired Galaxy watch/Google Play services battery drain

(Topic created: 10-31-2023 06:26 PM)
missmotta
Comet
Options
Tips
I was looking in the battery settings on my Galaxy watch 6 a couple days ago and noticed that Google Play services was eating a significant chunk of its battery... and I had no idea. 

I use Google assistant on my watch without the voice activation. 
I use the side button to activate Google Assistant, but that still doesn't stop at this battery drain. 

I looked at an old Samsung forum and found a solution if anyone else is experiencing this as well. 

Simply uninstall Google Assistant on the watch, then " update" it and it will reinstall without the drain! I've had zero problems since doing this. I believe it needed to be optimized for Android 14. 
9 Replies
Options
Tips
What do you consider as excessive battery drain?

Currently, halfway through the day with Google Play Services accounting for 3.7% of usage.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Tips
It was always over 15% and then getting over 25% and climbing.
After the fix, it's at 1.5%
Options
Tips
That is super high. Well, I uninstalled, so to speak, and reinstalled the update to Google Assistant. Will see if it makes a difference but mine was never as high as you stated.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Tips
Doing even better now, hopefully for good!Screenshot_20231021_184956_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
Options
Tips
Nice!
Going to see if mine improves as well ...
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Tips
Ugh. Spoke too soon. Screenshot_20231023_081543_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the suggestions listed here to improve battery life: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Users have reported clearing device cache and rebooting the device helps. If the issue still persists, please use the Samsung Members app to submit an error report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Tips
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tips
I'm glad yours is working better. Mine remains fine1698801960765_1698801960758_0.png
0 Likes