Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

*Factory reset after each Beta update*

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 05:23 PM)
Options
Tips
It's great to back up your device then factory reset your device after each update, make sure you uncheck settings when doing your back up. " you can always set settings up again". Its also a great idea to wipe your cache partition as well. This will help your phone run better after each Beta update.
0 Likes
6 Replies
gcforreal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
Great advice . I made the mistake of not factory resetting when the update first hit and my Bluetooth was having all kinds of issues and bugs , a simple reset fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Options
Tips
Yup it works magic
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Tips
if you do a factory reset while you're in beta 2, do you just get a factory fresh beta 2 phone then? I wouldn't mind trying that just to see if it clears up some of the issues.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @JbeastmodeFold5 ,

Thank you for your tip. While a master reset would give a fresh start, it is often tedious for members as it could be a primary device they use on a daily basis with lot of data that may not have been backed up to a cloud. For this reason,  we recommend a clear cache of the device first and only recommend master reset when user has so  many issues that they want to leave beta as that would anyways require losing data.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

Wacky2bakky
Asteroid
Options
Tips
I just installed the 1st beta build few days ago. I don't want to factory reset everything but I would like to clear cache of my device. What's the proper steps to do that on my Galaxy S21 Ultra?
0 Likes
userHjOm4Bo8Ct
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
Hey, turn your phone off and when you restart it hold the volume up button and power button together until the SAMSUNG shows then let go of the power but not the volume. It will go into the Boot loader. Then use the volume down to move to the Clear System Cache and use the power button to accept. Use the volume down to answer YES and the power button to accept. It will only take a few seconds and automatically go back to Reboot where you will use the power button again to accept and your phone will restart. There are also videos on the internet if you still don't feel comfortable with this process. Good luck!
0 Likes