Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to enable floating/bubble notifications

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 01:27 PM)
Caligo
Halo
Options
Tips

Search for floating in settings and navigate to floating notifications and set to "Bubbles"

In compatible apps (Samsung messages) a button will appear in the notification, tap it and it will enter bubble mode.

In bubble mode you can use the app like you would usually. When you're done just drag the bubble to the X at the bottom of the screen

If you no longer want to use the app in bubble mode go to the notification shade and tap the x button. It will return to the normal notification style.

14 Replies
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
strange that this doesn't seem to work with Google messages. I will recheck settings
0 Likes
Caligo
Halo
Options
Tips
I tried it with Google voice and no luck. I think it may only work with certain stock samsung apps at the moment
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for the valuable tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tips
Ok so is it google messenges then that has some issues? First issue I noticed is the contact picture is just a square inside the bubble and it isn't fully filled. Was that fixed or just a Google messages thing? Also yes I don't think google messages does that. I can start the bubble but I don't think I can end it that way
0 Likes
Caligo
Halo
Options
Tips
I think the square may just be a Google thing
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
check that, it does work with Google Messages
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
I mean, disregard my first post
0 Likes
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
actually, it only seems to work in smart pop-up view for google messages
0 Likes
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
I wonder what ever happened to the "peek" notification that came in from the top edge of the phone. is that gone now for Android 11?