Did you mean: 

Original topic:

⚡Pro Tip 101⚡

(Topic created on: 11/16/20 7:57 AM)
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Tips
I suggest everyone of you that participated in this beta do a factory reset after the final version is installed.  Going through many betas than a final install will leave a lot of junk behind that a simple system cache wipe will not fix.  That junk may in many cases cause serious performance issues (stuttering laggy screen, application errors, long boot times, etc.) - that one would not otherwise experience. It's easily done, and should take less than 15 minutes if you have good wifi.  

* I Recommend Samsung Backup as the means of backing up your data. As it also will save a snapshot of exactly how your screen was set before you wiped your device. Within 15 minutes it will be like your 20 year old car is new again.

-Good luck!

Example:

6 Replies
Kev93
Comet
Options
Tips
I was thinking the same. only issue I have is backup doesn't save my Samsung music (or does it?) I noticed they took music off. I've been wanting to do a factory reset but I'm always afraid I'll lose some data. What about for gallery? what do you recommend?
0 Likes
Glitchbug
Galaxy
Options
Tips
Just clear app cache.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
bluefire
Galaxy
Options
Tips
I agree but what I hate about factory reset is doing the fingerprint registration again for every app. That does take a couple of hours
0 Likes
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Tips
Negative. Samsung PASS SAVES all your passwords/fingerprint data
0 Likes
bluefire
Galaxy
Options
Tips
Interesting. I never used Samsung Pass due to using Lastpass. Thanks for the tip and I will try Sammy Pass
0 Likes