cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Samsung Messages now has a trash bin

Hey everyone. I'm sure we've all deleted a message thread and then realized we needed a message or maybe didn't intend on deleting the thread. 

With OneUI 3, Samsung has now added a trash feature to the Samsung Messages app!

Simply open Samsung Messages>Menu>Trash

In here, you can recover deleted threads. If you don't need them, they will auto delete after 15 days or you can manually clear them.

To restore a thread, press and hold on it and press restore.

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Messages now has a trash bin

so this is only for S20? I have an s9 plus, for some reason only the messages from my wife are deleted, when I try to restore them through samsung cloud , under messages it shows 2560 messages to restore but they do not get restore. THe backup date is last night at 4:45am, so what I am thining is the messages must have been deleted prior to the backup date. So now it is restoreing a backup that doesnt have the messages anyways. Is there anyway to change the backup date to a previous backup date?