Did you mean: 

Original topic:

System Updates

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 07:20 AM)
OddyNuf
Galaxy
Options
Tips
I don't see this mentioned in the tips section so check it out... When installing system updates, it's a good idea to wipe cache partition in recovery. This can help reduce the amount of problems you might face with new builds. To do this you have to turn off your phone and then power it back on holding the power and volume up buttons until the boot up screen comes on. That should take you into recovery. You'll use the volume keys to move up and down and power to select. Go to wipe cache partition and execute command. Then go to reboot and it should start up like normal. For those experiencing problems, If you haven't already, I would give this a try and see if it makes your beta experience better. 
15 Replies
unknown1126
Astronaut
Options
Tips
I attest to this. I wasn't aware about this until much later but ever since I did it it's basically been bug-free for me.
0 Likes
thoughts
Comet
Options
Tips
100% OddyNuf. After every update I let the phone start up, fully finish starting up. Then I power off and whipe the cache. I never have issues
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Tips
I would add to run repair apps in recovery as well. This clears out the davlik cache and forces a rebuild upon boot (optimizing apps)
egor0128
Comet
Options
Tips
Could you tell me more about this. In what order clear cache first?
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Tips
Clear cache partition first, because repair apps will immediately restart your device when selected.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
wipe cache and repair apps after every update (or at least once a month). this is the way.
Kenh50S22U
Halo
Options
Tips
I wish alot of people would do this. Eliminate a lot of issues.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

RamenNoodles
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
this really helped me out thank you 😊